i've been away! i've missed the time to write, but much to my surprise the winter season was quite busy with photography work. a lot of maternity sessions and already many inquiries for late summer weddings. it makes me happy! mostly because not much else makes me as excited as people in love and tiny human beings.
above is a little snippet of what i've been up to the last few months!
1. brunch with my friend in newfield and her sweet baby (and chickens and sheep!)
2. lots and lots of cooking and baking.
3. birthday celebrations with babies who have mustaches.
4. holiday parties, and more holiday parties (and cute faces).
5. playing snow when playing snow can be done!
6. pictures of food (so many pictures of food).
7. pear almond tartine in cast iron.
8. my new favorite kitchen item (both of them).
9. my brother flew in from the west for a visit.
10. a gathering of the most handsomest.
11. when i thought i could never love that sugar, i did.
12. pub crawl games for charity, such a very great idea.
13. homemade honey beets. i cannot stop eating.
14. big pine cone hunt.
15. moore’s tree farm (one of the best i’ve ever been to!)
16. dinner with my family at at agava in ithaca - such a great, great spot!
well - there you have it. it's been a whirlwind.
i haven't established a very firm resolution for 2015, but i suppose i'm jumping on the bandwagon with the goal of being healthier. i was re-inspired to do more planned meals and more whole foods (many recipes for the month of january i gathered from one of my moosewood cookbooks and minimalist baker), lots more vegetarian and gluten-free happening, lots more drinking of water happening (i bought a giant 8 cup mason and a cuppow lid, it's ridiculous, but i think it's going well!) the endless coffee and red wine wasn't quite working for my insides,
i'm going in like a lion - fingers crossed it sticks!