i love the snow, as it falls and then when it settles, everything white and quiet -- but by now, when it's sludgy and bitter all i want is all things spring. so, many elements of this roundup were inspired by warmer weather (i'm about to put my long johns on and go out in the snow for a picnic). :)
also - as promised! my new source for inspiration and current reading preoccupation; issuu!
1. issuu - an incredible resource for magazine lovers. free previews of tons of magazines can be found here! the magazine featured above is yum. specifically aimed at gluten free faire - and since i've been trying to cut back on my beloved bread bingeing this magazing has been particularly great for food prep. others i love: house tonic (on things bartending), hanker (things vintage), storey (adventures + discoveries), anthology (lifestyle), liner, and the market (boutique art + design)!
2. papa wolf supply co. - okay, every_single_thing in this shop i love - like the leather wrapped aviator mug and the fingerling fish pocket knife !!! i extra love this photo because those leather saddlebags!!! i need them for my silver pony bike.. i can't wait to get together all the trinkets i need just so i can right buying a saddlebag for my bicycle. ;)
3. shelf/life - this is another one of those super minimalistic but deliciously beautiful and creative spots that makes me so inspired to make things.. the curators of the shop are a husband and wife team based out of australia. they feature a myriad of designers for anything from kitchens to kids and greeting cards to gascoigne & king candles. but this necklace by woodfolk caught my eye especially, their pieces are so natural and beautiful. created by artists in nepal in an attempt to empower women in disadvantaged communities. <3
4. havok designs - matt and i have a thing about triangles (and i think havok might, too). maybe our fondness for it has something to do with our unwavering obsession with pizza (we lovingly refer to as cheese triangles). matt has worked with kristen, founder and creator of havok designs, a couple of times in pursuit of wooden jewelry for his gal. my most favorite piece to date; triangle shaped earrings made specifically from walnut. so many things that i love over there, but i have my eye on these triangle bobby pins next!
5. ther.a.py's bespoke leather handbags - all i can dream of is tank tops and a bag that doesn't resemble mary poppins'. filled with, you know; my book, my other book, snacks, more snacks, a zillion odds and ends i never, ever use, and of course my five pound hobo wallet, which i adore but oh my gosh why does it have so many pockets begging to be filled?!
6. hipsterfood - cara's picture and recipe for her amazing spring rolls reminds me fondly of the vernal equinox not just because of the name :) but because those colors! the light and the vibrant elements remind me of spring flowers, which i am missing so much these days. check out cara over at chickpea mag and hipsterfood! she inspires me with all that she does! her edible art is wonderfully inventive and delicious. (and vegan!!) + she's right around the corner in rochester, ny!
(this weekly roundup created whilst sipping cold morning coffee turned afternoon coffee -- listening to sigur ros. <3 ).
*photo 1 sourced by issuu, photo 2 sourced by papa wolf supply co., photo 3 sourced by shelf/life and woodfolk, photo 4 sourced by havok design, photo 5 sourced by ther.a.py and bespoke, photo 6 sourced by hipsterfood/cara livermore.